Dr. Friedman will then fully educate you on your child’s condition and offer preventive solutions whenever possible, even if orthodontic appliances aren’t yet needed. We want you to understand your child’s care and make informed decisions if further treatment is required.
While every case is different, common early orthodontic treatment can include:
- Removing extra or misplaced teeth to reduce crowding
- Using braces to straighten crooked teeth or close gaps between teeth
- Using palatal expanders to widen your child’s upper jaw
- Using oral appliances such as twin blocks to help your child’s teeth and jaws to grow naturally
What Are The Benefits Of Early Orthodontic Treatment?
Early orthodontic treatment doesn’t just help your child’s teeth and jaws grow properly, but it can also prevent a number of other issues. A straight and healthy smile during childhood can:
- Improve your child’s speech
- Improve your child’s ability to bite and chew naturally
- Improve your child’s breathing
- Reduce your child’s risk of developing bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Reduce your child’s risk of impacted permanent teeth
- Reduce your child’s need for jaw surgery
For more information on early orthodontic treatment in Arvada, call our office at 1-720-800-9331
today. Dr. Friedman and the West Arvada Orthodontics team are dedicated to helping children enjoy a lifetime of beautiful smiles.